Well Proof my sister does not know me at all.......

Just think of the business some stores could do if they took back another stores gift card and gave you something of equivalent value for their store.

You can shop Dollar Tree online! LOL

And my sister and I are from different galaxies as well...despite the fact that she and her hubby hunt...they think I'm beyond wierd for wanting to be fairly self-sufficient.

I could think of things to get there like cleaning stuff,toys,and candy. I would rather get that one than the $25 gift card I got for Bed and Bath. I would offer a trade,but I already regifted my card to someone who likes B&B. The distance for you makes it really unlikely to use.A good regift card!

I would love a gift card for TSC or even Home Depot/Lowes. People take it really bad if you say you don't like something they gave.Maybe you can just let her know in conversations how you shop at certain stores,and would love to get a gift card for them.

The thread really upsets me.

Whatever happened to it is the thought that counts? At least she got you something. Where I come from a $25 gift is a nice gift- even if it is a gift card to the Dollar Tree. In the years past my sister and I don't spend more than $10 on each other. Christmas is not about the items or their value - it should be about the thought - she probably thought that you could actually use then buying a piece of crap for you that you would never use and probably store in the attic. I have boxes of things in the attic.

This year I am doing everything homemade- I just hope I don't have any ungrateful people in my family. Nearly everyone is getting a loaf of homemade bread, a jar of homemade jam, and some Christmas Candy or cookies.

Last year my mom gave me a clothes basket with all new cleaning supplies, some new bath towels, and a box of baking supplies - I was ecstatic. That was the most awesome and thoughtful gift I had gotten in a long time. She knew I needed those things and so that is what she got.

If your sister spent 100.00 on you and you spent 10.00 on her and could both afford 100.00 what does that say about the thought? Just sayin', my brothers and sisters quit the gift exchange and we just let the kids do it. Life is much better.

Quote:
I saw some kind of online card swap thing on the news last year.
AND folks I think the issue here is she feels like she just got her something and put no thought or feeling into it. Not about the money or the gift, its about feeling like your sister knows you and wants to make sure you know it.

Back
Top Bottom