well thats was a suprise!

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
My dad came to me the otherday and said he is moving onto a farm, and is getting me 10 new ducks (
ep.gif
) i was so shocked i could barley speak! so now im trying to figure out what kind of ducks i want. i want some buff orpington hens, and maybe a drake, but im not sure since im getting a saxony pair too. i was thinking about getting either some muscovys then, or calls. i also want some anconas to. im serious! i need help me for i go nutts
th.gif
(BTW he is paying for feed and stuff, i just get to pick breeds) and im open to any idea you all have!

Last edited:
For pond ducks, I would choose something larger than Calls. They are too prone to predators on a pond.
I would look for a larger duck that won't be picked off by owls, hawks or other birds of prey.
Good luck!

Quote:
well, i was only gonna get like 2 or three. and have them their own little pen. lol.

Last edited:
Didn't you get Calls recently and rehome them quickly when you decided Calls weren't your thing?

Sounds like you live with your mom, so is your dad planning to care for the ducks? Why not let him help decide what HE'd like on his farm.

Quote:
well, i was only gonna get like 2 or three. and have them their own little pen. lol.

I am so sorry, I totally had POND stuck in my head(please excuse me, I'm home sick today with a sinus infection).
If they'll be in their own little safe pen, then by all means, get a bunch of CALL DUCKS!
smile.png
They're wonderful.
smile.png

Quote:

I am so sorry, I totally had POND stuck in my head(please excuse me, I'm home sick today with a sinus infection).
If they'll be in their own little safe pen, then by all means, get a bunch of CALL DUCKS!
smile.png
They're wonderful.
smile.png

Hope you feel better
hugs.gif

Quote:
yeah, but my dad thinks their cute. and yeah, parents are divorcing and i live with my mom.

Quote:

smile.png
They're wonderful.
smile.png

thats ok. and i hope you feel better!

Quote:
thats a wonderful idea!!!!!!! but im getting a SQ pair of saxonys in spring. ill just get a assortment from metzers.

Back
Top Bottom