Well the count down is on...one day till my Geese come in!

well this is my first time raising any water fowl too. if you have seen my threads about what I thought I bought before you'd have seen I now own 6 Peking ducks too. they were tagged as Goslings and had a pic over the pen of a goose. just goes to show you never know whats coming your way.

Well we were having fun today. had the little ones out in the yard and they love to run. they are just 4 days old and put their wings out and their head down and charge! they are a blast to watch. they have taken to my Bull dog beagle mix Pork Chop. she is like a mother hen. my wife made a couple videos of them following my son. they love to follow anyone who will lead them.

Yetti-
We all had a great day too! Its easy when the wheather is beautiful, u tend to find excuses to take them out and play! lol I know I am taking lots of pics. while they are still cute lil babies. I have a bunch I would love to show off to you, but im not sure how to get the pics. from the uploads area to attach them to the message board??? huh:/ I have never NOT been able to figure out something as simple as attaching a pic but theres a first for everything:lol: would u share your knowledge on how you attached your pics please?
cool.png
I do have pics loaded in the uploads area of BYC. how do I get them from there to here:confused:

Pendleton(gos.) was totally havin a blast! runnin flappin his wings (like he has a pair:lau )and Coco (khaki campbell duck) was introduced at her future flock the 2 Pekin's (Peepers & Lumpy) 7wks. but they are so huge now. I was just holding them on my lap a mo. ago:hit but they are big duckies now.
Peepers the female walked pretty close to Coco and coco stood up spread his wings (as little as they are) and pecked her! She got really mad and started after coco......well Coco got the heck out of there:lol:
lol.png
and ran under me. I actually had to hold Peepers from attacking her. I really hope if I take them out to mingle everyday, they will intrigrate ok.
hmm.png
And the goose was just opening his mouth like he was hissin, neck down and was charging all day today. They are so entertaining to watch.
AFTER THOUGHT=wondering if you clipped the leg tags off your goslings? I just worry about that.
And Does your goslings shake their heads and flip their heads side to side? (pendleton keeps doing that,peepin the whole time.) thought maybe he is thursty when he does it but he has had plenty of water now and he is doin it again. Thanks so much:)
T.

http://www.tintdude.com/posting-pics.html

the
link has a example of how this site uses the
. then paste the image url by right clicking without moving the mouse. couple of tips. the brackets [ ] around the pasted url have to be intact and not have spaces between them and the freshly pasted url. if the image took then you can hit the "preview" button and see how it will show up if it worked. easy huh?

well just came in from a walk with the little ones. they do very well in the taller grass (about 4") but they tire easy (about 200 feet). they are back in the pen in the backyard and ducks are poking at the screen looking in on them. while we were walking the ducks came over and used up their water and made a mess of the crumble
roll.png
. so they have all fresh again for today.
wink.png

oh yeah, on the subject of making excuses to play with them. I took today off to work on my bathroom remodel. the fact the goslings need my a attention is kinda like a perk for me
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom