Well this is an interesting duck toe!

AzDuck

Songster
Apr 28, 2020
Arizona
Hi guys! Has anyone seen a growth like this on their own duck? It doesn't have any of the normal "bumble signs," and it does not appear to bug her when I palpate that area. She does have a slight limp today, but she has had a history of presenting with an off-and-on limp for most of her life (I think this may be due to her getting a little crazy jumping out of their pool on occasion). Could it be some strange type of callous? Also, she did receive a pedicure on those back nails right after this photo was taken :eek:

Thank you BYC duck family!

Attachments

• IMG_2369 2.jpg
    IMG_2369 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2368.jpg
    IMG_2368.jpg
    370.9 KB · Views: 3
Great photos. I'm thinking callous. I would imagine that it could cause her to limp. Whst breed of duck?
Haha, thank you! Much to my husband, the holder's, demise, I am ultra obsessive about photographically documenting every possible ailment on our ducks :p

And I am so hoping it is just a weird callous or old encapsulation of some sort, but I get worried.

She is a black Indian Runner female 1.5yrs old.

Is this foot swollen at all compared to her other foot?
Not that I can see in any obvious sense. The only thing that seemed a little different is that the "pad" of this foot (her right) seems to be slightly harder and *maaayyyyybe* a little more swollen than her other. I could also just be resorting to hypochondriac behavior to try and figure out what is wrong.

I think she may have had those long toenails in the back get in the way at some point. Hopefully, now that she has had those clipped, they won't get snagged on anything. I feel terrible I just now saw how long they are.

It doesn't look like growth it looks like it stands out more because of the color. It most likely appears larger then on the other two because it's on the longest/largest toe. Black ducks with bibs, mottling or any white markings tend to have random yellow spots on their feet.

Back
Top Bottom