Well...

Rare Feathers Farm

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Pleasant Valley, (Okanogan) WA
My Coop
My Coop
So on Saturday night, I ONE egg that hatched. It was one of my three Light Brahmas that I'd set--went exactly 21 days...it pipped about 10am that morning and stayed the same until about 9:30pm, and I was getting ready for bed.

I checked one last time & then turned the eggs in my other bator--and there was a CHICK! It went from the same, little, tiny hole to being entirely out in about 5 minutes! LOL

It's doing well....I got it dried & put into my rubbermaid brooder. It's the CUTEST! Especially with the fuzzy little feet! I think it's lonely, though.
sad.png

I'm not sure how much longer to wait on the other two eggs?? I don't want them blowing up in there.
idunno.gif

I will get some pics tonight, although may be tomorrow or Thursday....I managed to get PINK EYE from the eye doctor's so I'm now playing catch up at work!
he.gif

You only set three eggs? Well, I'd say that's all you're going to get. Usually, 22 days and it's over. Next time, if you don't want a lonely little guy, you should probably set a few more eggs, if you can...

Last edited:
Quote:
I only have one hen that was laying & she did those three eggs in two days...so really..Sunday was day 21 for one of them & Sunday night was day 22 for the other...I have another two in there which I put in on the 19th.

The GLC are due this weekend....

Is that poor baby cheeping up a storm?
smile.png
My first quail hatched a good 24 hours before the second, and boy did he have lungs! Once #2 was put in the brooder with him, he shut right up! LOL!
Congratulations on the Brahma... I know you wanted them!
smile.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Is that poor baby cheeping up a storm?
smile.png
My first quail hatched a good 24 hours before the second, and boy did he have lungs! Once #2 was put in the brooder with him, he shut right up! LOL!
Congratulations on the Brahma... I know you wanted them!
smile.png

Yes and it's LOUD! I can't believe how freakin' loud that little thing is! I swear it makes my ears RING
th.gif
when I'm in there!

Thanks! I only set three of my own eggs--just because I could...I am still looking for outside blood to add to my flock. My hubby thinks this one is a roo....
barnie.gif
go figure? But we'll see.....I'm bummed about the other two, but these were in the bator with the crazy temps!​

Hopefully I can help you out there soon. Speaking of which, it's sunny... I should be outside working on the coop.
big_smile.png

fl.gif
for at least one more...
hugs.gif

Give the chick a feather duster to cuddle and get under...it will think its another chick or momma hen...it does help

Back
Top Bottom