Welp Hatchery 6 months later review

I just ordered from Welp. I have never used them before but I really want NN and they are the only hatchery that I can find that has them available before May. I will let you know how it goes! 10 NN, 5 EE, 5 OE and 5 blue copper marans. 25 chick minimum on orders, and if you get "spring sale" and reg price chicks you have to get 25 of each which is annoying.

I ordered from Welp hatchery. But never again! I placed an order on 3/5 for a shipping date of 4/28. I ordered 19 ducklings. When picked them up on 5/1 from the post office. The box smelled bad. I could see some movement in the box. Well, my son opened the box and there 15 dead duckings. One more died later that day and then the another. We have one survivor. It made me sick. Those poor things were in a box the size of a shoe box. No handling info on the outside. Such a shame.
If they shipped the 28thand you didn't get them till the first, it was the shipping fault, not Welp

Where was the shipment from? Midwest, or Southern CA. A huge duck hatchery came on line in CA, and the shipping and connections have been a disaster, with shipments just going into circles between CA and Denver. .

I will never order from welp hatchery again! I ordered 12 goslings in January. 4 Toulouse 4 Pomeranian, and 4 buff. The buff and toulouse cost around $14 a piece. The Pomeranian saddleback were $20. The day of shipment march 29th they called me to tell me they had a “bad hatch” and that if I wanted they would sell me the toulouse for $38 a piece and the buff for $35. That they didn’t have any Pomeranian. Thing is about 2 months after I placed my order they raised their prices. They wanted me to pay nearly 3 times the amount for the goslings I’d already paid for and ordered almost 4 months in advance. The man on the phone was rude and unprofessional about the entire situation. I waited a few days short of 4 months for these goslings.. just to have them raise prices on me and want me to pay the difference. I honestly don’t even believe him about the “bad hatch” because the goslings are still on sale they just cost more now. Bad business.

I ordered from Welp hatchery. But never again! I placed an order on 3/5 for a shipping date of 4/28. I ordered 19 ducklings. When picked them up on 5/1 from the post office. The box smelled bad. I could see some movement in the box. Well, my son opened the box and there 15 dead duckings. One more died later that day and then the another. We have one survivor. It made me sick. Those poor things were in a box the size of a shoe box. No handling info on the outside. Such a shame.
They sometimes have weather problems that can lead to mass deaths on shipping. Unfortunately they can't hold on the birds. I have had that happen 1 time, all the rest have been very successful. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Back
Top Bottom