Welp hatchery ????

Thanks ctrlovr, they are happy girls free ranging in my yard; even the rain doesn't seem to discourage them; more bugs I guess. I'm new to chickens, so I'm just letting them show me the way & having lots of fun in the process.

well ............. I finally pulled the trigger !!! .................... placed my order with Welp !!!!!!! ............ 5 welsummer,5 Cuckoo maran,5 Gold laced wyandote,5 Silver laced Wyandote , 5 Golden Comet (red sex link ) .......................... I really only wanted to buy 15 chicks and have been waiting for Ideal hatchery to have some available .............. But ................. I'm in the process of building a coop , so I guess I'll just build it a little bigger !!!!!!!
wink.png

Got my order today. All peeping and very cute. Someone did miscount the barred rock and shorted me 5 chicks. But customer service was great. Refunded my money and the vaccine cost. I will order from them again.
Good luck with your order.

I got 20 broilers and 6 layers from them, I recieved them all alive!! no problems with health, all growing like crazy!! PLUS shipping is INCLUDED with the price of chicks, and the prices are either comparable or LOWER than the others and you have to PAY for shipping!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I made my first order from them over the phone a few weeks ago. The chicks are due to be shipped in 11 days!! I can't wait! I ordered 6 Ameracauna pullets, 6 mixed brown egg layers, 5 mixed white egg layers, 1 Ameracauna roo, 1 danish brown leghorn roo and 1 lakenvelder roo. I really wanted to get a polish or some other fluffy looking roo but those all came straight run... so... I had to pick some more "normal" ones.

I can't wait for them to get here!! I'll post pics when they do! The customer service so far has been great.

I received 70 chicks from Welp last Wednesday all were alive upon arrival, I've only lost 2 so far, everyone else looks good. I ordered 10 light brahmas, 10 dark brahmas, 10 buff brahmas, 5 blue cochin, 5 black cochin, 5 partridge cochin, 5 white cochin, 5 barred rock, 5 buff orpington, all pullets hopefully and 10 Salmon Favorelles, I had to order these straight run. The Salmon Favorelles have been more fragile, I've heard this is common. Anyhow the customer service was great! Good luck with yours!

I'm confused because I ordered chickens that on the site were said to be available Jun 30th (today). I emailed and they said they only hatch bantams on wednesdays this time of year. Clearly they can't send them out on wednesday or they may end up arriving on saturday when post office is closed, which would be a disaster. So I figure they'd send them out the following Monday, which means they'd be a week old or so at arrival. But they also said they had to see if the ones I ordered would be available. I don't understand that either because the site said they were. So no I have no idea when to expect them. I guess I can only wait for an email telling me when they can ship them. I got several different kinds, so I guess maybe they won't all be same age, or if they are, I have to wait for a long time to get them. I hope they can send them very soon. Sucks having to wait with no idea. The whole reason I ordered was because the site indicated they were available.

I got all my chicks on Friday morning from post office. All were alive and in good health. 2 days later they are still going strong. I would say my experience with them was good. I got the breeds I wanted, when all the other hatcheries were sold out and more expensive. Can't complain.

Back
Top Bottom