Welsh harlequin breeders, owners, or soon to be owners post here!

I ordered 3 from metzers when I ordered some layer hybrids, and I lost them all! they just didn't grow well and eventually just passed away despite a lot of attempts to nurse them up. Such bum luck
sad.png

He kindly comped me for them (he certainly didn't have to!) and I'm getting 3 new hatches sent out tomorrow. So excited because I love them and they'd provide some great color to my bevy that otherwise consists of khakis, golden 300s and white layers. Even my hubby is getting bit by the duck bug-- I think once our laying is well established we'll have a bit more fun with ordering more exotic looking ducks!

Quote:
I could be wrong, but the one in the middle looks male to me
idunno.gif

That's what I think also, only time will tell........

If it does turn out to be male and you paid for sexed females they will refund you
smile.png
I had this happen to one of my sexed females from Metzer's

Quote:
That's what I think also, only time will tell........

If it does turn out to be male and you paid for sexed females they will refund you
smile.png
I had this happen to one of my sexed females from Metzer's

Darn! I hope it doesnt happen to me!
hmm.png

Here is my Welsh Drake...I bought him for my little swedish female when her hatchling mate was killed in June at 8 weeks old...I got Eddy at a farm about an hour from our place and he had lost his mate to a similar fate over the srping...He was a skinny little 15 month old...he is now about 17 months and went through his molt...handsome boy if I say so myself!
94367_the_addition_and_ducks_and_rinbows_038.jpg

94367_the_addition_and_ducks_and_rinbows_040.jpg

94367_the_addition_and_ducks_and_rinbows_043.jpg

Quote:
Beautiful birds, I didnt realize how beautiful welsh males are! I liked them because they layed good and I heard they were rwally friendly. But now I really cant wait till the male is big and pretty!

Back
Top Bottom