Welsh Harlequin Breeding Thread - People who are breeding or want to breed their WH's talk

If they are breeding her, as much as you say. No need to open the egg. You can if you want. But im sure its fertile. I turn mine 1 time a day, until incubation, then 3 times a day...

The WH's have about a 75% fertilization rate. They are also one of the most easiest duck to go broody. If you want her to go broody for you then collect the eggs and place them in the nest box and she will sit on the and take care of them. Nothing else is needed with this breed.

The WH's have about a 75% fertilization rate. They are also one of the most easiest duck to go broody. If you want her to go broody for you then collect the eggs and place them in the nest box and she will sit on the and take care of them. Nothing else is needed with this breed.

WOW! I didn't know they were that broody. Good to know
smile.png

The WH's have about a 75% fertilization rate.  They are also one of the most easiest duck to go broody. If you want her to go broody for you then collect the eggs and place them in the nest box and she will sit on the and take care of them. Nothing else is needed with this breed.

My WH dont give a poop about their eggs. Even if they are put in the coop by me. You cant make a duck broody, they have to decide to go broody them self. Putting the eggs in a nest wont make them take care of them.

My WH dont give a poop about their eggs. Even if they are put in the coop by me. You cant make a duck broody, they have to decide to go broody them self. Putting the eggs in a nest wont make them take care of them.

DuckGirl, Does that mean that your Welshes are finally laying?! I'm so excited for you :)

Haha, you're fine. I got my bator full of chicken eggs now anyway :) Congrats again :)

What kind eggs? Im glad you never got RIR eggs from us. We only got 4 chicks out of 16 eggs. Very bad fertility.

My welsh eggs arent fertile yet anyway. He needs to get busy though!(welsh drake) I want some WH babies :(

Back
Top Bottom