Welsh Harlequin ducklings, I thought I had 3 ladies...what do you think?

Uponthemountain

In the Brooder
Feb 22, 2015
UK
I thought we had 3 ladies...1 silver phase and 2 golden phase. They are now 4 weeks and I'm not so sure. What do you think? Thanks.

There's really no way to visually sex them at this age - when they are just hatched you can tell with about 70% accuracy from their bill colors but that wears off after a couple days. After that, you have to wait for them to start quacking or vent sex them.

I was sure they were girls but this is my first time with WH and doubting myself now. I also have this photo at 8 days old.

Well, you should be able to tell as soon as they start quacking. Regardless, they are adorable :love

There's really no way to visually sex them at this age - when they are just hatched you can tell with about 70% accuracy from their bill colors but that wears off after a couple days. After that, you have to wait for them to start quacking or vent sex them.
x2

x3

Back
Top Bottom