Welsh Harlequin Ducklings (Sexing)

This is off topic but I have a Welsh Harlequin that has been sitting on her eggs around 25 fro a little over 2 weeks, but for some reason she has not sit on them in a couple days, Help

This is off topic but I have a Welsh Harlequin that has been sitting on her eggs around 25 fro a little over 2 weeks, but for some reason she has not sit on them in a couple days, Help

If she hasn't sat on them in a couple of days, they are likely dead now and she is no longer broody, sorry :(

What would have caused her to stop sitting 

Something could have scared her, other ducks could have been continually bullying her off the nest, the hormones telling her to sit may have just stopped being produced - there's really no way to be certain what the cause was.

If she is a first time sitter, than sometimes they aren't dedicated anough to stay in the nest for the full 28 days. Is there anything that could have disturbed her?

I really do not know, she is in a floating duck house in the pond. We check on her every morning and evening.

Back
Top Bottom