Welsh Harlequin pics!

Pretty birds!

In the three that are nicer quality, you definitely have a trio- one Silver drake and two Gold ducks. They all are the correct coloring for that age and have the sex-linked bill color (which at the age can be hard a little hard to discern male and female as the hens are darkening and the males are lightening in bill color). I am positive though that is what you have. I will post pictures of some of my exhibition quality WH below when they were that age. The first picture shows the differences in the sexes to some degree and the bottom one shows the difference in Gold and Silver drakes at that age. The Golds have all areas of black lightened to shades of brown.

The fourth bird, the one with the yellow bill, is more difficult to tell. I guess drake though. It could possibly be a hen because I have seen some with that color genotype have very dark heads, but I am leaning towards drake. That bird does not have the sex-linked bill color and also has the serious fault of carrying Pied/Runner pattern genes. I would definitely not breed from that bird.

Here are some of mine...

25614_silverwhdrake.jpg

25614_gwhswhdrakes.jpg

I think you have 3 girls, 1 boy. I had a female that had a really dark head like that for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom