Welsh Harlequin

I think you should contact the shipper and ask them to postpone your order until the weather is better. They would rather wait than have to ship more out because of weather complications.

I left a message on their office voicemail. I am hopeful it's not too late for the date to change. I would rather wait over opening up the box at the PO and find tragedy. I am a bit, well more than a bit of a soft heart when it comes to losses. I can handle it, but anything to avoid it (even if a little crazy) is best in my book.

I left a message on their office voicemail. I am hopeful it's not too late for the date to change. I would rather wait over opening up the box at the PO and find tragedy. I am a bit, well more than a bit of a soft heart when it comes to losses. I can handle it, but anything to avoid it (even if a little crazy) is best in my book.
not crazy, empathetic. I'm the same way. Why force suffering if it can be avoided. Maybe they can just include some insulation in the box and a heat pack, if postponing is not an option.

If you cannot postpone, if it were me I would be tempted to contact the PO also. You may be able to find another empathetic person who can be especially aware of the shipment. I did that four years ago, talked to the PO clerk and asked them questions.

I spoke to the shipper an hour or so ago. They said while the temperatures I listed were very cold that they ship all winter in colder conditions and have very few issues even without the extra options that I included.

They will have a heat pack, insulation, and a special box due to the temperature. I contacted my PO as well and let them know I had ducklings coming in. One of the younger guys at the PO got so excited he asked if he could be the one to call me in the early hours of the morning so he could see me open the box. He's usually the one around when I get my chicks in too.

This all said, the shipper said if I am still too nervous that they are more than willing to postpone. They want me to wait a few days either way though as weather may change.

That's great news! Hopefully the weather forecast will take a turn for the better!

Funny thing, the forecast just warmed back up again. I wish it would make up it's mind, at least if it's mind is set on warmer temperatures
wink.png

I have read this entire thread and all the other duckling care threads on this forum but if anyone has extra tips or tricks I'd be more than thankful to have them.

If all is well next week I will be sure to share photos.

Oh my goodness gracious!! They are ADORABLE!! Uggh, I think I need some more ducklings... and I was going to be good this year.
tongue.png
Congrats on your beautiful ducklings! (they look like they are smiling!)

Back
Top Bottom