Welsh Harlequin

Do the drakes sound kind of like a frog meets a cricket?

lau.gif
Yes! That is the perfec descrption!

my E. E. Chickens are super quiet at 13 weeks old, and the ducks are much, much noiser, especially my gold phase WH.
I love the noise little ducklings, I'm just not sure the neighbors so lol!

These are two gold phase WH females I just got not sure about the colors they look nothing like the pictures of gold phase WH they look more like the silver applyard which worries me, and the guy I bought them from said they are show quality...but I'm not sure what the standards are for coloring..neither one has a black beak but they are only 5 months old right now...can anyone help me?

These are two gold phase WH females I just got not sure about the colors they look nothing like the pictures of gold phase WH they look more like the silver applyard which worries me, and the guy I bought them from said they are show quality...but I'm not sure what the standards are for coloring..neither one has a black beak but they are only 5 months old right now...can anyone help me?

I can help here. Firstly, gold phase welsh harlequins are not accepted by the APA at this time, so while it would be possible for a gold phase to have great type and confirmation, the color isn't accepted and the best it could do as far as showing is best of all other, I believe.

The coloring doesn't look right either, you're right. Those eye stripes are not what you want to see at all. The coloring doesn't look right, but it may just be juvenile plumage if they are young. Welsh harlequin females are also supposed to have black beaks, although if these are young enough perhaps they just haven't darkened up yet. Here's a good place to see what they are supposed to look like in both silver and gold phase, as well as a good example of a duck with good conformation and type: http://www.holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/welsh_page/welsh_page.htm

Last edited:
I don't think they are welsh harlequins. Not pure bred. They should have dark bill and dark legs, and no eye stripe. Sorry! They are still beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom