Welsh Harlequin

I wanted to introduce to you my little girls. I just got them on 8/5 and they were hatched on 8/3. Their names are Nami, Violet, Petunia, and Puddles. Nami is one of my favorite anima characters. My mom picked the name Violet, my niece picked Petunia, and my nephew picked Puddles. It has only been a few days but I am totally in love. They are slowly getting used to being held. Nami and Violet have even fallen asleep in my hands.
ya.gif
My dog, Cody, is also in love. He comes to check whenever one of them peeps loudly and whimpers if he can't see them. But he is fine when they are left in the broader alone so I think he'll make a good ducky daddy. My other dog, Leyna, could care less.
hu.gif

After doing research for months we chose to get 2 female Welsh Harlequins. I LOVED the colors! My other choice was the Cayuga but I felt I had to have some welshies lol. I ordered them from Metzers and they came just fine and healthy. They are about 2 weeks old now and starting to warm up to us finally. I'm so happy to have found a group who also shares a love for this beautiful bird
1f60a.png

This is the day we got them. The lighter one is Gabby because she always has a lot to say, even as a duckling lol. The darker one is Abigail.

This was taken a couple days ago.

Here are my girls at about a month old. I can't believe how fast they grow! I love how one is light and the other dark.

We chose the welsh harlequin because from the information I was able to find they are a good all around bird for meat and eggs and their temperament is supposed to be calm. Every bird is different but I'm hoping that's true and I'm hoping they won't be super loud. We live outside the city but in an area that is a neighborhood with houses on all sides.

My welshies are super quiet. The chickens are much louder than the welshies. Hope yours are the same!
smile.png

Just popping in to see if anyone might have some non hatchery stock WH eggs I can buy. Last winter I unfortunately lost my flock to a predator and this year I started over with an order from Holderread's. Shipping across the entire country wasn't easy on the little guys and I lost all but two, who are both drakes. I purchased some Holderread line eggs to hatch some girlfriends for them but due to a power outage I just lost all the eggs too. Really hoping I can locate some more eggs so I don't have to wait till next year to get the little guys some girlfriends. Here are the two when they were younger enjoying a swim.

Back
Top Bottom