1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Welsummer Rooster Chick / Cockerel in Western PA free to good home

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by hyzenthlay, Jul 16, 2015.

1. hyzenthlay

hyzenthlay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    SW PA
    I got this little Welsummer as a day-old chick from Meyer Hatchery on 6/22/15 as a sexed pullet, but surprise! Turns out he's a little boy after all, and I sadly cannot keep him. He is healthy, friendly, and adorable--wish we could keep him!

The first pic is him right after I got him, and the next few were taken earlier this week and today. He is sweet and gets along well with the other chicks. I also attached the breed photo from Meyer to give an idea of what their stock looks like as adults, and the Meyer sample photo of their Welsummer eggs.

2. Ringtailtwister

Ringtailtwister Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2015
    Middle, Tennessee
    He is a nice little fellow if I lived closer to you I would take him.

3. loribischof

loribischof Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2015
    Erie, PA
    I am up in Erie County. Where in Western PA are you? Just seeing if it is worth the gas :)

4. Free Feather

Free Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you still have him?

5. Couchmo

Couchmo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2015
    Couch, MO
    Also wondering if he is still available? Best buddy will be coming back to MO from near Harrisburg, PA, probably shortly after the 20th and could pick him up on the way. Welsummer is one of my choice breeds. ;-)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    still available?

7. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    I hate it when i get a rooster and want a hen.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by