Welsummer sexing!?

SIMPleChick

Songster
11 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Utah
I had 2 Welsummer hens a while back and LOVED them! I just got 2 more and they seem to be feathering differently. I will post pictures tomorrow. One, which I believe IS a pullet is growing in the lighter/reddish chest/neck feathers. But the other, who's comb seems to be twice the size of the other....it's feathers on the neck/chest seem to be much darker..... So I wanted to ask you all to remind me how the Roos and Pullets feather out. Thanks! Don't forget to add your pictures!

Ok. Female, right?? More feathers, small comb, lighter breast feathers....

And this one is a boy, right?? Less feathers, breast feathers are coming in dark red and black and has a larget comb...I just want to make sure it really is a boy before I sell him! :) Or get another one...tehehehe

I know! LOL! He was SO squirley and it was late and he did NOT want to be held! So I was just trying to get the breast feathers at that point! Will post more asap!

Ok Here are 3 pictures of the one I believe is a girl....

And here are 4 pictures of the one I believe is a boy! Hope these pictures are better. My camera phone sucks! Hope to get a REAL camera soon! LOL! Sorry for the mess, we just moved and are still getting boxes put away!

LOL! He didn't want me to get a picture of his back I guess....

He's already posted on KSL for sale....SO SAD! I think Welsummer Roo's are SO handsome!!! Wish I could keep him! I went out and got a golden sex-link today to replace him and he isn't even sold! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom