Welsummer, Speckled Sussex, or Light Brown Leghorn?

20160425_183711.jpg
just for comparison, Speckled Sussex is in front in top pic and far left in second picture. Not sure if helps any? :love:thumbsup
20160506_082339.jpg

They are too young to tell. Those three breeds look very similar at this age, and with hatchery birds, you can't really go by the markings. Post pics of the comb and earlobes at 8 weeks.

You will be able to tell pretty soon if it's a SS or not...as it feathers out.
Just curious, how come you can’t go by markings with hatchery birds? I’m over here scrolling through pics trying to determine chicken breed by markings lol.

Well.... with hatchery birds they don't always look like they're supposed to. Hatcheries are more interested in quantity as opposed to quality. They are still wonderful birds, they just might not look anything like the SOP for their breed. :)
Ohhh ok. I did not know that. So in order to get true to it’s kind breeds, one would? Find an individual that raises such breeds? Thanks so much for responding. 😊

Ohhh ok. I did not know that. So in order to get true to it’s kind breeds, one would? Find an individual that raises such breeds? Thanks so much for responding. 😊

Agreed... The easiest way to find a breeder who breeds true to standard for that breed is to go to that breed's Club page. For instance, the Ameraucana Breeder's Club. Ameraucana being one of the breeds hardest to find true breeders, what with the hatchery flood of easter eggers under the name Americana.

Back
Top Bottom