Welsummer vs BCM

Which would you pick?

• Welsummer

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • BCM

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I can have 8 chicks this April if I cull all my 3-yo EE hens. So I want 4 new EE checks and 4 (fill in the blank). Either BCM or Wellies. And I have to decide pretty soon!

I’ve got a 4 month old BCM, can’t wait for her to lay! We’ll be at the feed store and might need to replace a sick chick. Which would you pick? We love friendly chickens, nothing too submissive since the Wyandottes are bitches lol

Other option is seeing if they’ll let us wait til next week for blue laced Barnevelders
I bought 5 BCM's last spring and they are hefty birds that lay pretty good but not as well as my Wellies. The Wellies also produce super jumbo eggs now and then for their size and spotted designs which are awesome. But they are my stupidest hens one of which still can't figure out the chicken ramp into the coop and are always the last to go inside at night. Wellies are attractive, though, with their lace golden feathers. I just hatched two chicks yesterday that are full Welsummer and three that accidentally got crossed with my BCM's. Oh well, we'll see how that turns out.

I bought 5 BCM's last spring and they are hefty birds that lay pretty good but not as well as my Wellies. The Wellies also produce super jumbo eggs now and then for their size and spotted designs which are awesome. But they are my stupidest hens one of which still can't figure out the chicken ramp into the coop and are always the last to go inside at night. Wellies are attractive, though, with their lace golden feathers. I just hatched two chicks yesterday that are full Welsummer and three that accidentally got crossed with my BCM's. Oh well, we'll see how that turns out.
Ours started laying recently and I’m very impressed so far! She’s very consistent and her eggs have always been very large. Beautiful for sure, but I’d still like to add some colour bred ones as well
3974423D-2E09-4A3D-9978-3C8678A5B2CA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom