Welsummer?

M

member 373180

Hi all. I got this pretty girl in a brown egg layer assortment. She is 10 weeks old. I hope I may have lucked out and got a welsummer. What do you think? Thanks!

I'm guessing black sex link, as she looks just like my granddaughters hen, who happens to be the favorite of the flock!

Thanks, I hadn't considered those as they weren't on the available list when I ordered but that doesn't mean they didn't have any.
Note to self; remember to add 'chicken' if you're going to do an image search for 'black sex link' :rolleyes:

(Sometimes they are called Black Star.) I'm no expert on identifying breeds. We just happen to have a black sex link and it looks like that. And as I said, she is the friendliest, sweetest chicken ever, and a terrific egg producer. but maybe someone else will take a look and give a more definitive answer.

I"m also thinking partridge Rock. The pattern you see now isn't the adult color, it smooths out the the pretty partridge pattern as they mature.

Thanks all. My patty is a dead ringer for Alex's scarlet and the partridge rocks were on the available list, too. She seems to be a nice chicken, I was just hoping for speckled eggs. Next time, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom