Welsummers?

To tell the truth, I raise Welsummer's and the two in question don't look like Welsummer's to me. Now if I go two pens down, they do look like my Gold Crele Legbars. So it is possible they have some legbar in them, eggs will tell. If they were in my flocks, I would expect blue eggs form those two girls.
They could be Bielefelders, too.

I've got a silver duckwing welsummer - from an award winning breeder, so no question about its pedigree - and it looks like this
P1100964.JPG

I think the brown line across the top of her head is a flaw (he keeps the best birds to breed of course); certainly her sister didn't have it. She's not quite finished molting but I think you can see the colours and patterns clearly enough to compare with your pullets.

I've got a silver duckwing welsummer - from an award winning breeder, so no question about its pedigree - and it looks like this
View attachment 2909838
I think the brown line across the top of her head is a flaw (he keeps the best birds to breed of course); certainly her sister didn't have it. She's not quite finished molting but I think you can see the colours and patterns clearly enough to compare with your pullets.
Thank you! She’s beautiful!! As is that one behind 👀

I just purchased some lovely welsummer pullets today, and two of them are a bit different.. I’m still learning and I’m not sure if they may be the silver duckwing variety? Or what say you? I can try to get better pics tomorrow, they were a bit skittish in their new home.
You can see in the picture, the one on the bottom perch and the third from the top left.. they both also have more comb/wattle growth. Maybe they are closer to point of lay 🤷🏻‍♀️
(They are June hatches)
***edited to clarify, I’m curious why 2 are different coloring than the others.. 5 look “typical” welsummer (maybe it’s “partridge”?) Could those 2 be silver duckwing colored?
What color eggs do they lay?

Back
Top Bottom