Welsummers?

dacasodivine

Songster
11 Years
Feb 19, 2008
I had 3 chicks sold to me as Welsummers. The brown one at the back and the black/white one to the right in the one picture are two of them. The 3rd one is also black/white. Both of the black/white one are roosters. Do any of these look like Welsummers to you knowledgeable folks?

The black and white birds are definitely not Welsummers. For the third, a clear photo showing the bird in a full profile would be needed to definitively answer.

Welsunners aren't black & white. The back one doesn't quite look right, but a close up would help
1f60a.png

Whatever they are, I'm pretty certain they are the same breed as they have the same build and are all more flighty than the other chicks. I will try to get better pictures of them.

Thanks everyone! That pretty much confirms what I already strongly suspected.

Any guesses as to what breed they actually are?

At first they looked like game mixes. but if they like to keep their tails horizontally or nearly so, they probably are phoenix mixes. They definitely are not pure anything. both breeds can be pretty flighty.

and from the color, someone probably did a sex linked cross- a red rooster over silver hens, that will give b/w boys and red/gold girls. more evidence of mixing instead of pure breeding.

Back
Top Bottom