Went chicken shopping again

Quote:
You've got a lot of roosters there...

The babies, not sure. Probably some sort of mix breed with BR or Dominique, maybe Maran? If the barring was tighter and a lot more "white" I'd say they were BR.

if chicks are pure, would be Dom's but isn't the barring a little better on Dom's?

Are the chicks bantams or standards?

The fourth picture down is a porcelain belgian d'uccle. She is a hen. She needs to be kept on shavings or in a grassy pen, because of her feathered feet. Good Luck, and great looking chickens.

Mottled Polish-Roo
Poor quality golden laced Polish-Roo
wyndotte/leghorn cross possibly?-Pullet

Hard to tell from pics, but possibly a blue ginger oeg mix?-all roos
Porclain D'uccle-ROO! That is DEFINITELY a ROO! Do you see the pointy feathers and prominant comb? That's a boy. I bred Mille Fleur D'uccles, and you've got yourself a cockerel.

As for the chicks-I'm not too good with utilities. Trust what the other members tell you.
The last roo- undubbed splash oeg
Hope this helps.

-Sarah

Edit to add-I'm not sure about one of the pics of the red/blue boys, one is showing just the head and it looks like a hen, but if you got body shots of all of them, they're boys.

Last edited:
Both polish are roos, the white chicken is a hen. The first 3 in your second post are roos. That is what the wheaten/blue wheaten coloring looks like on young ameraucana roos. The pullets feather in completely different. They look like they have beards, but the leg color looks wrong in the pics.

Can't help you with the feather-foot or the chicks.

Silver Laced Polish Roo

Golden Laced Polish Roo

White hen is likely a game mix

the next two are Easter Eggers Roo

Then a Porcelain D'Uccle Roo

Don't the chicks have Rose Combs? They are cross most likely, are they bantams? With those rose combs and the stance would almost say they are part Rose Comb bantam (they are usually black, but also come in cuckoo) and yes, looks like at least 3 of them are Roos

No idea on the splashish colored Roo, most likely a mix

Yes the chicks appear to have rosecombs, I don't know if they are bantams for sure or not , I don't know how big standard chicks are at this age as all we have had are bantams so far. I'll post pictures of them again in a few weeks maybe they will be easier to ID then. Thanks for all your help, Terri

The reason I said the D'Uccle was a hen is because I have two hens who look identical to it. I know they are hens because they have been laying eggs. But, when I first got them I thought one was a rooster and then Prince started laying eggs and became Cinderella. But I would listen to SloCrevs since she has raised them. Good luck with your chickens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom