Went home and... SURPRISE!!!

Okay, babies 6, 7 & 8 are out and doing great. Hopefully 9, 10 & 11 hatch. I'll be disappointed if they don't, but I'm THRILLED with the 8 successful chicks I DO have in my life now. <3

Ya...... We are soppost to get 1 foot and a half here!!!!! Ya I hope the power doesn't go out...... I am so glad that your chicks hatched? Is that it? Any more to go!? Pictures!!
Chick #6 hatched about 10 minutes ago!!! My daughter says she's so tiny. <3 Ahh, I'm going home. I mean, when it's snowing 3 inches an hour, I really shouldn't be at work anyways, right! Lol

Just the 8 still. :( Have the gut feeling that the last 3 won't, though. Thinking about candling tonight, just to see... Lots and lots of pictures, but I started a new thread for them.

We finished up with about 8" of snow. Not horrible, but enough to shut everything in the area down (8" in about 4 hrs, they can't keep up with that around here). I transferred my baby turkey into the coop with the rest of the kiddos. I was afraid he would freeze, and then that changed to being afraid he would be killed by my roosters (I have too many), but I kept risking life and limb to get out in the snow and check on them. Caught him roosting with everyone else. Was a good sight.
yesss.gif

I thought the same about my last 3...I have 15! This morning I looked in and I see that 2 more have pipped...late bloomers I guess!
I have ordered 3 more dozen for the beginning of March...that should get our flock going!

I thought the same about my last 3...I have 15! This morning I looked in and I see that 2 more have pipped...late bloomers I guess!
I have ordered 3 more dozen for the beginning of March...that should get our flock going!
Very right on, Happy! What day are yours on? This is day 22 for us. Not late, by any means, but i guess having 4 eggs hatch a day and a half early, I'm surprised others are running behind... I you & I are within a day of each other, but can't remember if we were running on the same days or not.

Back
Top Bottom