Went home and... SURPRISE!!!

rosemi78

Songster
6 Years
Jan 27, 2013
Ashland, Missouri
I went home to let my chickens out of their coop and check on the eggs in the incubator and instead of seeing some external pipping like I was hoping for, I saw TWO baby chicks just a wondering all over the incubator!!! I cried. I'll admit it, lol.

I'll never get tired of chick pics, promise. Congrats!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE CHICKS!
thumbsup.gif

I'll never get tired of chick pics, promise. Congrats!
Thank you, Sumi. When I go home for the 3rd time today, I'm going to transfer the to their brooder box. They're really reeking havoc on the other 9 eggs in the incubator. They looked pretty fluffed up and dry when I met them for the second time about an hour ago, and they've turned many of the eggs in the wrong direction, so I need to fix them. I did see an egg with a little pip hole, so maybe my 3rd time back will bring a 3rd new baby chick into the world. :)

I hatched a few chicks yesterday and the day before. The first 2 kicked and spun the remaining eggs in every direction. The unhatched chicks must've wondered what the heck hit them! I watched 3 of the 5 chicks hatch. That is something I've seen quite a few times, but I still enjoy it. Even if it puts me off eating eggs for ages afterward!

Back
Top Bottom