Went home and... SURPRISE!!!

Wow. One of the chicks has no feathers around its neck. I had a tom/roo. I wonder if maybe it's a turken? I'll post some pictures when I transfer them to the brooder.

Wow, the bigger one is being REALLY mean to the one I think is a turken. Pecking at her and pushing her around. :( I checked both feathers, and I'm positive the chicken is female; pretty sure the turken is female. Either way, I can't cull either even if they aren't little girls. They're my first two to ever hatch, and they'll be with me until it's their natural time to say goodbye.

I have four more with some serious pips and zips going on. They have lots to say. I love it!

They are so cute!!!
I have 4 running around the incubator right now and a fifth that should be out anytime!
So far, non of the blue Americanus eggs are out...but one has pipped.

Do I just post a pic as an attachment?
Yes, I just click on the little square picture box next to the little photo reel thing up above and I posted my pictures that way.

MY YOUNGEST DAUGHTER AND I JUST WATCHED CHICK #3 HATCH!!! It was so awesome... I can't believe that those fragile little things can break free like they do. It's incredible.

Congratulations!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom