Early pip?

Birdarecool

Chirping
May 31, 2020
It’s only day 14 going to 15 for my eggs, and they are chicken eggs. Recently I think I saw an external pip although the temp isn’t even high in the incubator. I can’t tell if it’s even a external pip due to it being too slight to tell if it’s a crack or a pip and it’s going outwards and the other eggs don’t have a pip yet and no chirping. It’s a small triangular crack , a bit hard to see on camera. I saw it around 6pm yesterday but no further development into the pip. Im

Attachments

• IMG_2383.jpeg
    IMG_2383.jpeg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 102
Between 99.7 and 100.5 max

Could it be a pip?
Your temps seem to be in a good range. What day did you set them? If this egg was kept in a warmish place before you set them, it could be farther along than it should be too.

It could be a pip, it could also be a scratch on the surface?

From just looking at your pic it doesn't really look like a pip, I can see some sort of line going down that area connected to what looks like a pip. But like @TwoCrows stated you should have seen some type of change by now. Any updates?

From just looking at your pic it doesn't really look like a pip, I can see some sort of line going down that area connected to what looks like a pip. But like @TwoCrows stated you should have seen some type of change by now. Any updates?
Not really and I don’t hear chirping so I don’t think it’s likely. Also when should I stop turning? Could I stop today (almost day 15). Also one of the eggs is moving! It’s shaking like a vibration but then is moving a little bit more than that occasionally. No peeping heard as of yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2386.jpeg
    IMG_2386.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 33
Not really and I don’t hear chirping so I don’t think it’s likely. Also when should I stop turning? Could I stop today (almost day 15). Also one of the eggs is moving! It’s shaking like a vibration but then is moving a little bit more than that occasionally. No peeping heard as of yet.
Technically you can stop turning eggs at day 15, even if they don't hatch until day 21. But if eggs are starting to rock, you might risk it and stop the turning now. Get all your vents wide open, pipping and hatching requires max oxygen. Get your humidity up by at least 10% or so, somewhere around 65% humidity is good. Once there is pipping, do not open the lid of the machine unless absolutely necessary.

Keep us posted! :)

Back
Top Bottom