Early pip?

Not really and I don’t hear chirping so I don’t think it’s likely. Also when should I stop turning? Could I stop today (almost day 15). Also one of the eggs is moving! It’s shaking like a vibration but then is moving a little bit more than that occasionally. No peeping heard as of yet.
That's amazing if it's going to hatch 5-6 days early. Like @TwoCrows said your temps are within range, but if it mostly ran on the high end of 100.5 for 15 days, that's 1 degree over the preferred setting of 99.5. I could see eggs maybe hatching a day or two early in that case, but 5-6 days? Beats me! I can't wait to see what comes out of that shell!

Do you think they might be hatching? I know how to do everything during lockdown but could I turn off egg turning right now? My incubator is automatic, and I also think it might be helpful so I could observe whether or not the other eggs show movement?

https://streamable.com/pkfopg
That egg is definitely rocking! Pipping will be the next stage. You might see a pip by morning or sometime tomorrow. Definitely stop the turning so the chick can get into the hatching position. Hopefully all the eggs are at the same stage and follow suit soon.

So it should be ok? And internal pip, like should I expect peeping? And is it best to remove it from the turning tray into the lockdown tray?
I would do it now so you're done and don't have to open it up later and risk shrink-wrapping any of them.

I would think you'd hear a peep, but they don't always.

I would do it now so you're done and don't have to open it up later and risk shrink-wrapping any of them.

I would think you'd hear a peep, but they don't always.
Shrink wrapping doesn't happen immediately after opening the incubator. Takes several hours of little to no humidity for that too happen.

Well that's one that's definitely debatable. Seen it happen myself.
I open the incubator alot, never once had chicks shrink wrapped from it. I only had shrink wrapping happen once when mom forgot to add water to the incubator once early in the morning, while chicks were hatching. Incubator was down to 14% for several hours.

Back
Top Bottom