1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Went to the bar to pick up chicks...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mmlogan, Sep 27, 2014.

1. mmlogan

mmlogan Chirping

Aug 4, 2014
    I went to the feed store yesterday and picked up 5 chicks. They are so, so cute. I love them already. 1RIR, 2 Americaunas, 1 Gold Laced W, 1 Silver Laced. My RIR is very independent, she was the most pecked on since yesterday. But I put a dowel in the brooder, she is the only one to perch. The little Americaunas are like a tag team duo taking charge! The redder one already loves a tummy rub and falls asleep on her back in my hand. The Wyandottes just find a comfy spot to sleep. They keep stretching their legs out behind them when the are falling asleep, and end up sleeping on their tummies.

One thing that worries me is they stretch their necks far out and wiggle their throat/tongue. (Looks like mamma feeding them). The don't seem strained. I pulled the lamp back a bit, it doesn't feel hot in there, but just in case.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. lightchick

lightchick Crowing

Apr 3, 2014
    Minnesota
    Awww they are so adorable! Do you have any names for them yet?

3. mmlogan

mmlogan Chirping

Aug 4, 2014
    LOL. Yes, I named them after Doctor Who companions. SLW: Martha, GLW: Clara, red Amer.: Donna, RIR: Amelia, and the blonde Amer.: Rose,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: