Went to TSC and guess what I came home with?!?!?!?!

TennesseeTruly

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Church Hill, TN
6 teeny tiny little chicks!! OMG they're just too cute and I already want to go back for more. ROFL!! I had to be a good girl because my husband was there and I didn't want him to think I was going overboard .... yet!

Of course they have no idea what kind are what at TSC so I got 3 straight runs "regular" chicks and 3 straight run bantys. My grandson soooooooooo wanted some ducklings but we haven't put our pond in yet so I told him that we have to wait.

They're soooooooooooo noisy! They're 2 rooms away from me and I can hear them over my parrots, my tv and my noisy dogs!! LOL

~Laurie~

Do you have a heat lamp on them. They really shouldn't makle noise unless they are being bothered or are cold/hungry.

Wrong babies were peeping! It was my conure babies, they're 4 weeks old. These babies are quietly eating and drinking.

You'd think after all the years that I've bred parrots, Id know the difference!

~Laurie~

Ditto on the noise level-- they shouldn't be that loud unless something's wrong.

We brooded two Rubbermaid tubs of chicks in our family room for three weeks until they went in the coop a few days ago, and they were really pretty quiet.

We'd hear low level peeping and chirping, but that was about it. It definitely wasn't loud enough to be heard a room away, and wasn't even loud enough to be heard over the television or the usual hustle of family life.

I'd definitely check temperature, food and water.

Temp, food, water are all okay! I raise parrots as well and it was the baby parrots chirping away. As soon as I got to the door to the room where the baby chicks are, it was quiet. I went in to check and they were busily eating and drinking. Not a peep out of them.

It was coming from the next room where my baby parrots are. Its definitely not time for them to eat, they just ate 2 hours ago!!

Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it!

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom