Went to vote, got hit by a deer

I am So glad you are Ok!

We had a deer run straight at us once. DH was driving and I was in the passenger seat and 9 most pregnant with my second child. This deer jumped out infront of us, so DH hits the breaks, literally as we stopped, the crazy deer ran head first into us! Hit the hood and landed with it's face on my side of the windsheild, tongue hanging out. I'm screaming as I thought he was coming through the windshield.

Deer rolls off car, falls into ditch, jumps up and runs away. Seriously, they can take a hit! My hood was crunched and I had a busted headlight. Insurance covered it without a deductable thank goodness!

The one time that I hit a deer, the deer got it's back broke and I got $3500 damages to my Blazer. HUGE buck. Neighbor guy asked if we wanted it, I said no, so he took it.

MichiganWoods wrote: . I gasped and swerved away from it (I realize you aren't supposed to swerve, but it was just a natural reaction. I didn't think about it, I just did it), and had I not, I think I might be dead right now.

BuckIntimidationC.jpg

Glad you're O.K.! Our daughters managed to total two cars and one truck on these ungulate rats before either of them had turned 25!​

It's a BAD time for Deer/car accidents as it's rutting season. We have SO many bucks chasing does around it's crazy. We are seeing them in our yard all the time now. So glad that your ok! I hope your car isn't too damaged.

How did I know this was a MICHIGAN post!
lol.png
I'm glad that you are ok !!!!! I've seen what they can do... my hubby is lucky enough to hit at least one a year :|

You know, that's not really an odd incident. I'm glad you're okay.

A few months back, we were on our way back into town and had a buck run out into the road and bounce off the side of our car.
roll.png
Nitwits. LOL That's happened to me 4 times in my life (not roadkill, the just bouncing off my car). And I've hit 3 others, dead almost instantly. This is over the course of 10 years. Gotta love the mountains... They should up the deer tag limit again.

Oh my...I am so glad you are ok.

After some thought on the subject...I think you should be careful about who and where you talk politics. Apparently the deer didn't agree with who you wanted to vote for and desperately tried to put a stop for it.

I think I can even guess which side he is on. I can see the campaign slogan now...Deer for Gun Control. No more hunting. LOL.

I too am glad that you are OK. Everyone has stories of deer hitting them, you hitting deer, deer chasing people. Mine is much more simple than that. I used to live in the Eastern Sierra's, and every morning in winter the road I drive down was ALWAYS blocked by a herd of deer. You know they won't move until the alpha moves. So I had to get ut of my car every single morning and walk around slapping the butts until I found the right one to get them outta my way! Stupid animals.

So glad you are okay, Cass. Deer are weird sometimes. I used to work in insurance and it's amazing how many deer actually run out and hit the car head on instead of vice versa!

A friend of my dad's had the ultimate story though. When I was a teenager Dad used to run a courier run from Fairbanks to Valdez and back for the pipeline. The guy on the alternate shift was headed out one night on the run and about halfway to Delta Junction he sees a bull caribou in the road. So he stops the truck (they drove big red chevy pickups) and waited for the caribou to move. It just stands in the road and stares at him, so finally he honks the horn. Guess that made the caribou mad, because he dropped his head, pawed the ground like a bull and charged the guy's truck that was still sitting at a dead stop! He ran right into the grill with his horns, broke his neck and dropped dead. Poor guy never lived it down! They are probably still calling him "Caribou"!

Back
Top Bottom