Were Can I buy a pet turkey in the lancaster, Pa area?

well. for one.. narrow your choices.. you dont want a turkey that cant walk after 20 weeks of age..
What kind are you looking for ?
size?
hen or tom?

PA is amish country..right? go ask around at farms who keeps em and maybe someone somehow knows someone else who would sell you one..
or what about hatching your own? could you ? would you ? if you hatch your own.. they will bond with you like Elmers glue..

Try the famers market also..
or call the peopls on craigslist even if they only list chickens for sale and ask them if they know anyone who has Gobblers for sale.. Thats how i lucked into my 3 poults. He didnt advertise them but was willing to sell them at a good price.

Good luck.. turkeys are a hoot.. they make me giggle alot..

Adam,
If it is only pet quality you want then you can go to Roots Auction in Manheim starts about 4 PM every Tuesday. Be careful since this is an auction so you need to check the animal good before bidding. Show quality would be all together different and your chances of getting something of show quality at these auctions are slim. This is where the breeders send their culls but there are nice pet quality and healthy birds also available. Like I said be careful because not all of them are healthy. HS
You just missed the rare and exotic auction since it was this past Saturday. They have them about 2 times a year. Lebanon Valley (Fredericksburg, PA) will have one on Saturday Oct 17 and there should be some nice even show quality birds there. Auction starts I believe either 9 or 10 AM.

Back
Top Bottom