We're chicken newbies

Amy & James

In the Brooder
May 31, 2017
just wanted to say hi and thank everyone and anyone who might answer our newbie questions in the future. This is our first flock, we have 3 black Australorp pullets, 1 blue Cochin bantam? 2 necked necks ( 1 roo maybe, one hen) and 1 black copper marans hen? The whole flock is about 7 weeks and my wife and I are infatuated already. We have finished our coop and the chickies have spent their first two nights inside.

Attachments

• IMG_5099.JPG
    IMG_5099.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5242.JPG
    IMG_5242.JPG
    493.7 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to BYC!
I spotted two boys too.

Your coop looks very nice!

just wanted to say hi and thank everyone and anyone who might answer our newbie questions in the future. This is our first flock, we have 3 black Australorp pullets, 1 blue Cochin bantam? 2 necked necks ( 1 roo maybe, one hen) and 1 black copper marans hen? The whole flock is about 7 weeks and my wife and I are infatuated already. We have finished our coop and the chickies have spent their first two nights inside.

Love your coop. Great build! What a sweet looking crew you have too!

Love your coop. Great build! What a sweet looking crew you have too!
Thanks, it took a while, I am an electrician by trade, no real carpentry skills but we are excited how it all turned out. We bought the three black australorp pullets from tractor supply and my son brought the other 4 home from school, lol, I guess that is normal here in Oklahoma

Love the coop - beautiful work. Agree on the two males, one of the blacks may be another suspect at this age. Comb looks very red but, small.

Back
Top Bottom