"We're from the government and we are here....

Dokdream

In the Brooder
Aug 24, 2023
...to make life more difficult for your chickens." At least, that s what it seems like! This evening, I found black, watery poop on the threshold to my younger girls' coop. They are almost ready to start laying. I looked online and see that this COULD be a symptom of coccidiosis. I found that there are several remedies, but not all of them are available in the US. In fact, the only one I found that could be delivered in a reasonable amount of time was called CORID. Then, I was hit with the surprise that CORID FOR CHICKENS couldn't be shipped to CA. I kept looking and found the same compound -- in a different concentration and perhaps different size container -- labeled for calves. So I ordered that. Speed of delivery is essential if this really is a problem. I'll adjust the dose as recommended for my hens. The overstepping by bureaucracy is what aggrivates me. Does anyone have suggestions about building a home medical kit for the girls? Antibiotics, etc., and where to obtain them? Further, does anyone have any thoughts why this medication is available for one species but not another?

...to make life more difficult for your chickens." At least, that s what it seems like! This evening, I found black, watery poop on the threshold to my younger girls' coop. They are almost ready to start laying. I looked online and see that this COULD be a symptom of coccidiosis. I found that there are several remedies, but not all of them are available in the US. In fact, the only one I found that could be delivered in a reasonable amount of time was called CORID. Then, I was hit with the surprise that CORID FOR CHICKENS couldn't be shipped to CA. I kept looking and found the same compound -- in a different concentration and perhaps different size container -- labeled for calves. So I ordered that. Speed of delivery is essential if this really is a problem. I'll adjust the dose as recommended for my hens. The overstepping by bureaucracy is what aggrivates me. Does anyone have suggestions about building a home medical kit for the girls? Antibiotics, etc., and where to obtain them? Further, does anyone have any thoughts why this medication is available for one species but not another?
This company is IN California. Hopefully you can get what you need. Here's a link:
https://jedds.com/

I kept looking and found the same compound -- in a different concentration and perhaps different size container -- labeled for calves. So I ordered that.
I found that there are several remedies, but not all of them are available in the US. In fact, the only one I found that could be delivered in a reasonable amount of time was called CORID. Then, I was hit with the surprise that CORID FOR CHICKENS couldn't be shipped to CA.
Photos of the poop?

There's a ""Corid For Chickens"" do you have a link for that product?

If you are in the U.S. Corid for cattle is what people use. Corid is Amprolium, this is the ingredient you want.
You should be able to find Corid in your local feed store like TSC in the cattle section of the store.
It comes in Liquid and in Powder Form.

Dosing on the bottle or package of Corid is for...you guessed it! Cattle! So...
You need to dose for Poultry.
Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid Dose is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water given for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Do not add any extra vitamins/electrolytes that contain B1(Thiamine) to food or water during the course of treatment.

1703875484423.jpeg
1703875497515.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom