We're getting there.

mordarlar

Songster
10 Years
May 17, 2010
Hey Everyone!!!!!

We have been working on our coop in our spare minutes for the past few weeks. I got impatient and couldn't wait to share it.
big_smile.png

This is from today...

81fb4a84.jpg

The kids sealed the cedar trim and shingles with linseed oil and it really brought out some color.

We made the coop with a hard wire cloth floor with access through the floor
39d862c7.jpg

But we wanted to have a tray to place into the coop at night for added security and cleaning ease.

DSC04963.jpg

Here is the side run access door. We have to attach the eye screws and rope pulley system still.

ffac67a4.jpg

For ventilation in the cupola we used these floor vents. We like them because they can be opened and closed and every stage in between.

34936905.jpg

We still have to cap the roof, paint the interior, put in a window and a shutter, attach the remaining trim, finish the run and set the whole lot up the hill.
hmm.png
It's getting done though. I am thrilled with it.

This is the tractor we built one morning a couple of weeks ago. It is really nice to have. Our ladies get to explore a new spot every morning. It only took us a couple of hours to build. It is rudimentary but it has been working for the time being. We plan to build an attachable/removable nest box that will set just below the drop down door. We have already tacked on some roofing felt but we have yet to get the shingles on. We also want to attach some handles and paint/stain the end.

DSC05531.jpg

Interesting note about the tractor, the birds refuse to leave it during rain storms. It really does keep them dry and they seem to like the cooler breeze that blows through.

Thanks for letting me share our project and thanks to everyone for the fantastic site!!!

Last edited:
Oh, wow, what a great looking coop! Love those floor heat register covers for the vents, too. NICE touch.

Tractor is well done, too; wish I could say MY A-Frame/Tractor was as portable and with such clean lines!

Back
Top Bottom