West Tennessee Thread

Good to see some posting,,

My flock consist of

4 Salmon Favaroles 1 Roo - 3 hens.
5 White Leghorn Hens.. Egg laying Machines.
1 Heritage RIR Roo - with 4 production Hens.
4 Red Sex Link Hens
5 Barred Rock 1-Roo 4-Hens
3 Cochin - Trio
1 lone EE Hen
2 Buff Brahma Roosters

5 Guineas
2 Extremely Randy Mallard Drakes.. See earlier Post.

Then Coming up i have about 30 left from 3 different hatches, Most are mixes but a few got through as what they were supposed to be.. Will be adding some addittional pens soon..

Good to see some posting,,

My flock consist of

4 Salmon Favaroles 1 Roo - 3 hens.
5 White Leghorn Hens.. Egg laying Machines.
1 Heritage RIR Roo - with 4 production Hens.
4 Red Sex Link Hens
5 Barred Rock 1-Roo 4-Hens
3 Cochin - Trio
1 lone EE Hen
2 Buff Brahma Roosters

5 Guineas
2 Extremely Randy Mallard Drakes.. See earlier Post.

Then Coming up i have about 30 left from 3 different hatches, Most are mixes but a few got through as what they were supposed to be.. Will be adding some addittional pen
How is your Faverolle Roo, behavior wise? I have been debating adding one to my order shipping from meyer next week. I currently have 4 pullets but no experience with the breed.

He is great our favorite roo.. Friendly and good temperament. He is also I would say timid around the other roos not the dominate one, which from what I have read about the breed is typical.. Here is a fair pic of him.

I was going to post pictures of my boys, but that faverolle is gorgeous. My RIR is young, so his colored feathers are just starting. His lady has started trying to hide her eggs from me, so she might be getting broody.

One of my buff Orps growled at me from the nest box this morning. I've never had setting hens. How well do they do this time of year?

Back
Top Bottom