West Virginia Duck Enthusiasts Anyone?

Thank you very much for notifying me @DiYMama540 ! - I usually don't watch the new member introductions…
Hi @beverlybevz - :welcome
Where in West Virginia are you located? - I live close to Charleston, small UT called Big Chimney.

I was going to ask you how you got to Big Chimney. I am a West Virginian born and bred.

WannaBeHillBilly, I am sure you will find other duck folks, if you go to the "Duck Forum," and/or your state thread.
Did that and have subscribed to that thread too, but so far found nobody else in my area. @WVduckchick lives ~ 90 minutes away from me and that seems to be the closest neighbor so far.

Not abandoned @WannaBeHillBilly we just have to love and support you from afar!! 😁
That is so sweet of you!!! 😊
Not having a release duck-farmer close by will become a problem for me later this year, because i will have to travel to Germany for some paperwork that can only be done in person (wait! what year is it? 1920? …)

That is so sweet of you!!! 😊
Not having a release duck-farmer close by will become a problem for me later this year, because i will have to travel to Germany for some paperwork that can only be done in person (wait! what year is it? 1920? …)

I do know a gal that used to be a BYC member, haven't seen her around in a while, but she was pretty close to your area (Clendenin, I think?) and she has (had) ducks! If you need some assistance while you are gone, feel free to get in touch with me. I'm not opposed to driving to you when it comes to duck-care!

@Redhead Rae is another WVian :clap

I was going to ask you how you got to Big Chimney. I am a West Virginian born and bred.
Long story short: We lived for 12 Years in Houston, TX and our neighborhood went into the classic down-spiral: Grown-up kids leaving home, parents downsize and rent out the old house through a service-company who doesn't really care. So you'll be awakened by a swat-team kicking down your neighbors doors, K9s all over the place, the mall went bankrupt and turned into another hot-spot for drugs and crime…
We were lucky enough to sell our house for a small profit and being both connected to nature and a more rural life, we figured out that larger properties in WV are affordable. So we found this house here ½ up the hill, no pesky neighbors next door and just 20 minutes away from the airport, which is important for my job.
We also found nice homes in Spencer, Amma and Sissonville, but the proximity to the airport brought us to Big Chimney.
Why have you left West Virginia? - Ok, if i look out of the Window right now, i guess cold weather?

Long story short: We lived for 12 Years in Houston, TX and our neighborhood went into the classic down-spiral: Grown-up kids leaving home, parents downsize and rent out the old house through a service-company who doesn't really care. So you'll be awakened by a swat-team kicking down your neighbors doors, K9s all over the place, the mall went bankrupt and turned into another hot-spot for drugs and crime…
We were lucky enough to sell our house for a small profit and being both connected to nature and a more rural life, we figured out that larger properties in WV are affordable. So we found this house here ½ up the hill, no pesky neighbors next door and just 20 minutes away from the airport, which is important for my job.
We also found nice homes in Spencer, Amma and Sissonville, but the proximity to the airport brought us to Big Chimney.
Why have you left West Virginia? - Ok, if i look out of the Window right now, i guess cold weather?

Another long story short. My husband was in sales selling chemicals to paper mills. We moved to Florida with his company and his only account was GP in Palatka, Florida.

He was downsized and we didn't move back north. He really would love to move back.

Back
Top Bottom