Western Stock Show, Denver CO

Quote:
LOL Yeah, we'll have to figure out where to meet so I can get my silkies! I've been telling lots of people about them, and Austin can't wait to see them!
We do show rabbits, too. But we won't make it to Pueblo, as my SO says it too far to go
sad.png

Figure I would just meet you somewhere in the show area. You can pretty much ask anyone who I am mostly all of the showers in Colorado know me to point me out.

Nice to meet everyone that I met today, though I am a bit flustered right now and tired so cannot rembmer names very well.

Shows not over, still judging tomorrow but so far, Champion Featherleg with a white silkie pullet! Yeah for me!
big_smile.png

I have to thank you yet again for the silkies! They're doing great! And they are so beautiful! I got tons of comments when we were leaving yesterday. One guy actually asked if they were monkeys
hmm.png
But my youngest son carried that roo the whole mile back to the truck, and Mr Blue didn't complain one bit! They're all very sweet, and I'm so glad to have them!

Well thats great, glad that you like them!

The results from the show are good, I managed to get Reserve Champion Bantam, which is not bad really, I am happy. Means that that will be another Starred win for me with the ABA because the class was more than 100 birds. I should be up to 5 if all the double show I did counts as two seperate shows, which means another 15 in whites and I get a Master Breeder with the ABA.
I also got Champion AOSB with my large fowl Ameraucana.

It was a long three days. Hopefully all my sale birds will sell now. My coops looks empty!

We are going throughout the week. Does anybody actually buy the chickens there? Are they healthy, I used to show horses there, and every year low and behold, my show horses would be sick, along with everyone in the family. Is it generally safe to buy chickens there? Cuz I would love to!
big_smile.png

Lots of people buy birds there. A good rule of thumb is always to quarantine new birds for at least two weeks and medicate.

Whenever I come back from a show, I ALWAYS medicate my birds before and during and for at least a week after the show as a precaution. You can never be too careful.

I can vouch for most of the birds there as I know the people selling them. Some were mine, CARA, others that have healthy birds are ERIC, SPENCE and BAKER. (Those were the names written on the cards. as we reserved cages prior to the show)
Not sure what other names were there but HOUSE OF CHAMPIONS, AL PRADO, I could go on. Generally, all birds that were brought in for the show, those same people are the ones that also sell birds, and all the flocks are tested by the vets at CSU for health. But anytime you go to a show or places where there are a lot of people and animals, you never know so always be careful.

I really enjoyed the poultry show! First time I've ever been able to attend. I fell in love with several birds that I wish I could have:p
Especially was crazy about a RIR bantam hen and a Snowy Duck.
Not the breeds I've been planning on, but these were just stunning, I thought.
Maria

Back
Top Bottom