Western Stock Show, Denver CO

That's what we're doing, too! Going to pick up a quad of blue/splash silkies! Figured I might see what else I can see! I'd love to find some calls while I'm there!

Hey guys, what dates are the poultry being shown? I've never actually gone to just look at the birds but this year we are. Don't they show the first couple days and then sale or do they sale the whole time?

Cara

Quote:
They have to be in the "sale" area by noon Saturday, if I remember correctly. They will be showing only Saturday, from what I've been told.

Does anyone know how big this show is? Is there much in the way of large fowl. I have gone to the show every year for many years. I do the ring announcing for the drafthorse show, but have never been there early enough for the poultry show. hmmm I will have to go this year. Still looking for a nice RIR rooster

From what I've heard it's a fairly big show. There are only a few shows a year in CO, and this one is major!

Wow, did not know there was a thread on this show!

The show usually runs at least 500 birds, sometimes there is a good deal of large fowl, sometimes not. I know personally, I am showing Large Fowl Black Ameraucanas and Single Comb Rhode Island Reds and well as Silkies in Bantam.

The show starts at 1pm on Saturday and will run through Sunday morning. Coop out for show birds I think is around 3pm.

The sale birds can be brought in at any time, as they stay there the duration of the stock show, (2 weeks) until they are sold or the end of the stock show. I have a flock of Dutch bantams for sale $100 for all and also a few buff silkie cockerels, and white silkie cockerels. I will have 2 pairs of white silkies for sale, $100 a pair but I am not bringing them to the sale as silkies have a tendency to get stolen frequently.

If anyone is interested in any birds I have for sale, please contact me before hand.

Crystal, I will have to point you to Kathy Hobbs. She raises call ducks.

The Colorado Poultry Association gets proceeds from the sale birds as we sponsor them every year. I am secretary of the club and we will be handing out membership applications and flyers for the spring show we hold in Pueblo in April. Will be a rabbit and chicken show.

Last edited:
Well cruddddd!

I am booked all freaking weekend. If anyone ends up with too many ducks somehow...let me know k?
gig.gif

(I need another duck like a need another hole in my head)

Back
Top Bottom