Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
See this happened in 3 days time ... I can't even find her eyes. I was keeping dry the scabs on eyes to pick off but that didn't work , now I'm coating them with terrecymin ointment apologize in advance if I got that name wrong. I'm feeding her with dropper water honey vitamins and a antibiotic to prevent secondary infections. But I don't know if this is enough . The breeder I bought her from said she was vaccinated for small pox . I've had her for 3 weeks she's about 5 months. I purchased the vaccine do I vaccinate all healthy birds? I have her inside with me. Only 2 other pullets had 1 scab each and one fell off already the other one looks to soon. This is the only one like this .. Thank God

I took my girl to the vet cause at the time i didnt know what was wrong and he picked at it like you do with a spot but they next day it was back on her eye, but your poor girl has it bad. I hope she gets better and doesnt loose her vision

So sorry about your hen
hit.gif

I haven't been able to find a vet that sees chickens :(... But good news last night she started eating and drinking by herself ( instead of with dropper) I have to hold up to her beak of course :)

I didn't get to weigh her yet but I'm pulling out my sons preemie scale so I can keep track of her weight. I've been down with pneumonia so it's hard to handle both, no excuses...I'm just saying lol

@goldenfeathers i really wish I could do something about the swellen . The lesions seem worse .. Although I don't know if it's because they are moist now . Should I give her baby asprin? I'm using that she's eating as good sign but scared in making her suffer.

Ok kids trick or treating :) Queen Anna ( my hen ) is eating and drinking good now .. Good weight! I was able to open both eyes barely ... I don't see any infection like I also expected.. But upper and lower eye lids are so swillen with poxs on poxs :(. And worried infection behind eye possibly?
Ug

Back
Top Bottom