Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
I'm curious. What kind of iodine would you give orally? Is it a special kind or just the dyed stuff you find in drug stores? I always thought that was for external use only.

I buy it at the chemist. I guess it is the same staff. it usually is for external use. it says iodine 2%.

good luck. but when chickens get sick they usually get more than 1 disease. tell your wife to check inside their mouth. if their is yellow staff I used q tips to push it out (be careful thay don't swallow it). I put iodine, 1 drop under the tongue to cure/prevent wet pox. dry form is outside and wet form is inside their body. hot summers and mosquitoes...

I'm curious.  What kind of iodine would you give orally?  Is it a special kind or just the dyed stuff you find in drug stores?  I always thought that was for external use only.

It is for external use, but when I had pox here in 2013 I applied it to the lesions of those with wet pox and saw no ill effects. Did the same when I treated canker in a pigeon.

-Kathy

@casportpony

Do you think this is fowl pox. The inside of there mouths do not have any bumps. Just there sids of there beaks and comb/ wattle.

Last edited:

@casportpony

Do you think this is fowl pox. The inside of there mouths do not have any bumps. Just there sids of there beaks and comb/ wattle.

@casportpony

Can you post more pictures?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom