Wet and Dry Fowl Pox - Graphic Pictures of Pus and Scabs

Pics
It looks fine. He has a spot on the side of his mouth though. He has gotten increasingly weak even though we've been feeding and watering as much as possible. Picked off scabs... Bathed him....

So I spent a few hours last night trying to figure out what is going on with a few of my Phoenix cockerels... we recently took 2 them to the fair for the poultry show...after being being there for 6 days they all of a sudden hated each other and started fighting(my silver and BBR). They got a few cuts on the wattles and earlobes, I cleaned them up and separated them. Im now noticing one of those cockerels (silver) is getting these bumps all over his face. The BBR cockerel is fine, no bumps and healed nicely. I thought maybe my silver's injuries were getting infected...but now another one of my phoenix cockerels is getting a few bumps. Here's a few pictures...Let me know what yall think. Thanks.
hmm.png

My Silver who looks the worst (that's food on the tip of his beak):

My Golden who has a few bumps:

Bummer. My 11yr old will be super upset. We were planning on taking them to the State Fair since the 3 we took to the Parish fair all placed 1st....so much for bringing them to her 4-H meeting as well. Ack...there's always next year.
idunno.gif
I suppose well use this as a learning experience. The mosquitos have been SOOOO bad lately...looks like a cloud of smoke coming in your house when you open the backdoor first thing in the morning! I had already been putting Iodine and neosporin on the Silver cockerel due to his injuries. I guess I can continue? Anyone know if Silver Sulfadiazine would do any good?

Dammit!!!! 2 of my 4 have dry fowl pox. And I finally got my 1st egg this morning.
I guess I will give them extra protein and vitamins and keep a close eye on them.

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone's chickies are doing.

I have an update from my flock:

Ethel, the initial bad case has made a full recovery!! PRAISE!!!

Lucy, Ethel's bestie, she's the only member of the flock to have developed pus in her eyes is well on her way to recovery. She has not had any growths in her eyes for several days now (they look nice and clear as they should) and her scabs are beginning to fall off as well! PRAISE!!!

Dominique B, and one of my Rhode Island Reds are having some issues with their weight. Comb and wattles look scabby and they have each had some nasal discharge as well as watery eyes. Still working on getting these girls well.

Bossy Pants (light brahma) only had dry pox and is now clear of scabs. PRAISE!!

The two other RIR have dry pox and seems to be doing well.

Only TWO of my chickies have been disease free. But at last count, there are 4 that have no evidence of disease. Just 5 more girls to get well and we are DONE with this.

Back
Top Bottom