1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Wet ducks....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by clbarley, Nov 14, 2013.

1. clbarley

clbarley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Clatskanie, Oregon
    Does anyone else have this problem. I live in oregon and it rains pretty much everyday. It's also getting cold right now. And the are always wet. We have two dog houses and we have hung up tarps.

Any suggestions? Are they ok wet? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of them after I let them out of the pen.

2. furbabymum

furbabymum Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2012
    Burns, Wyoming
    Mine have the option of going inside but only do so when the wind is roaring. Your ducks know what they can handle imo.

3. clbarley

clbarley Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2012
    Clatskanie, Oregon
    Yeah I think it's crazy they can go in when it's raining but no they chose to sleep it sit in the rain! It's so crazy! I'm just worried about them being wet all the time.

4. Speceider

Speceider Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2011
    can' tell from the pic, but they don't look wet, as adults, there shouldn't be any problems unless they have feather problems.

Clint

5. Dancinbaer

Dancinbaer Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2013
    Northeast Wisconsin
    Our ducks also choose the icy cold water of the pond over the nice dry coop I built, and we're in Wisconsin. As others have implied, the ducks know. I'm sure the oil they coat their feathers with and the thick coat of feathers protects them right well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by