Wet feed

@BruceAZ , lol Something was lost in translation. When you said sampling, I believe you meant to make a small batch first, to get the hang of making it properly so as to not make too much and have it get moldy and go to waste it but now you're saying feed it out in small sample sized quantities.

I re-read your initial comment on it...it can read like you mean for human sampling. Can we get some crackers over here to sample this fermented spread on?

Last edited:
@BruceAZ , lol Something was lost in translation. When you said sampling, I believe you meant to make a small batch first, to get the hang of making it properly so as to not make too much and have it get moldy and go to waste it but now you're saying feed it out in small sample sized quantities.

I re-read your initial comment on it...it can read like you mean for human sampling. Can we get some crackers over here to sample this fermented spread on?

true.. maybe i should use a different word
roll.png

but at the time i didn't really think of any other meaning beside

using a small amount of feed as samples that you can just throw away if failed of sort...

so no i'm not advising people to eat chickens' feed
wink.png

I had read enough about it under the fermented feed thread that I just jumped tight into it. I've had no problems but do suggest you smell it occasionally to make sure it's not going bad. Also if you see abnormal mold on it, there's a difference between what you should see growing on it and bad mold.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:   i got a good laugh out of this.. 

by sampling i'm talking about using a small amount at first

like how you do it with paint or carpet cleaner ?. testing it out in a small location first

when you are trying something new.. using samples would be best.

I figured that was what you meant, but had to create a laugh out of it.

I don't ferment but I do cook for my chickens. Soaked peas and lentils, a piece of fish, a square of frozen spinach and a healthy helping of frozen corn, with three cups of scratch. Put it in a big pot with lots of water and slow cook for about an hour. We call it Lentil Delight, and everyone around here goes crazy for it. I feed it twice a day, and they clean their plates both times! I have 35+ birds from many different sources and they all love it.
They also get a hand mixed dry feed free choice. It's basically scratch with a little soy, pumpkin, sesame, millet and sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast and cod liver oil.

Back
Top Bottom