Wet looking eye

MichelleMillar

Chirping
Apr 11, 2021
This is my rooster he is Salmon Faverolles pure bred. I picked him up as a rescue bird. He’s been in my care almost 2 months. He’s come so far but I’ve noticed lately his eye on the right side looks not right, or the skin under it is wet and the feathers are a bit crusty. It’s been a few weeks but isn’t getting better or worse really. Does anyone know if this is a concern? Attached both the right and left side for comparison. To me it seems a bit swollen on the right side.

I have chicks I’ve hatched and don’t want to bring them out until I know for sure this isn’t disease.
some more background information they were parasite infested and treated and extremely underweight/malnourished. He came with a hen but she’s had a lot of issues. A prolapse, some soft eggs. They did have some sneezing when I first got them. But none in a long time.
This doesn’t look like MG?
I’m brand new to chickens and honestly i want what’s best for these guys as they have new flock mates.

Attachments

• CAFA72D9-F3E5-4C49-8326-83F2C2CD60E5.jpeg
    CAFA72D9-F3E5-4C49-8326-83F2C2CD60E5.jpeg
    521.3 KB · Views: 8
It could be mycoplasma gallisepticum possibly, but hard to know for sure without testing by a vet or a lab. Tylosin and a few other antibiotics can treat MG if it is that, but it is a chronic disease for life. I have some faverolles and they can get irritated eyes from feathers in the face, dust, or environmental problems.

It could be mycoplasma gallisepticum possibly, but hard to know for sure without testing by a vet or a lab. Tylosin and a few other antibiotics can treat MG if it is that, but it is a chronic disease for life. I have some faverolles and they can get irritated eyes from feathers in the face, dust, or environmental problems.
I just noticed too he has black spots on his comb which weren’t there last week 😳 oh no!

Back
Top Bottom