We've got peeping and pipping

my olive egger is here!

YOU WERE SO RIGHT! I feel terrible. I hope the poor thing makes it. I pulled enough off that it could push itself the rest of the way out & is in the process of drying. It is almost a week late though. I think I know what happened. I wanted to do the Easter challenge & set my eggs on the 22nd of March. The only problem was I was going to be out of town visiting my daughter. So, I asked my neighbor to set them for me. I told her the importance of the temp & I had set the temp before I left, But when I got home 4 days later the thermometer read 106. I immediately adjusted it, but I'm thinking it dryed out the membrane. It actually burned it, you can tell by looking at it now. None of my other eggs hatched. Thx so much for your suggestion. I'll let you know if this chick makes it. Poor baby. :(

It's a miracle that it survived everything it's been thru already. Hope it makes it and I think it will have a chance now!
wink.png

Sometimes when they stay in the shell too long they may have spraddle leg, which can be corrected. So just watch for any problems and feel free to ask for help.

I have an egg that has been peeping for 3 days and has a small hole chipped out on the side next to the incubator wall. It gets really loud sometimes, but is not doing anymore chipping on shell. I've never seen this before. :(

Hopefully someone can answer that for you I am new to this but hope the baby is just resting

I have an egg that has been peeping for 3 days and has a small hole chipped out on the side next to the incubator wall. It gets really loud sometimes, but is not doing anymore chipping on shell. I've never seen this before. :(
How long has the hole(pip) been there? They can start peeping before they pip. After the external pip they can take anywhere between 24-48 hours to hatch. Once they start to zip the shell it usually isn't long for them to hatch out.

Back
Top Bottom