We've started the crowing...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chicken Frenzie, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    I have a cockerel who was born this spring at my school, Laker. He is a leghorn mix. He hasn't gotten the courage to crow before this morning. July 22nd, I hatched out 6 chicks. 3 are boys. So they're 1 1/2 months old. I wake up at 7:00 am to get ready for school, when I heard Laker trying to crow, but it sounded more like a low gurgling sound. It was so cute! But I hear this high pitch perfect crow, and what do you know. Julie a white old English game bantam was chest high, crowing. It was so high pitch! One after another, crowing! It was so cute!!! I knew Julie was a bou since he was about a week old. But this young! Man oh man. Thought this was funny :D

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Yes My OEG bantam started that young too. He is now 1.5 years old and we refer to it as a "squeaky toy"... Bantams tend to have a "unique" crow [​IMG]

3. RMo2

RMo2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2012
    Ohio
    :) their first crows are a hoot!!!

4. Chicken Frenzie

Chicken Frenzie Chicken Whisperer

Nov 2, 2010
    Yeah :) I've never had a bantam rooster, just hens. Usually my LF don't crow until 5-10 months old!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by