What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
Hi, first time chicken owner, I’ve got 4 red sex link pullets, and 4 chicks.
Is there a chicken breed underground that I’m unaware of? Like the Free Masons of chickens??
Before I decided to get chickens, I read EVERYTHING I could about them. And yall chicken ppl blow my mind with ALL the breeds and knowledge about them. Not just in this community. I went to the feed store just to buy another feeder. Ol man comes over “oh you got some me chickens huh. Well you need some bebop’s and floofloos, and maybe cross you some yummytums and plickados”. At one point I don’t think he was speaking English anymore. “What kind of chickens you got”? I was dumbfounded I said “mine are red”. I felt so.. ignorant. Seriously where/how do y'all learn about all these breeds? And why is it important? I feel like I’m missing something here. I want to be in the chicken know!
Well currently I have two frizzled silkies,two gray-blue silkies,One Golden Sebright,Two Crele Old English game bantams,One Black Breasted Red Old English game bantam,and One Silver duckwing Old english game bantam. My two crele OEGBs are broody and I hope to get some lavender,buff,partrige,splash,and black silkies

Well currently I have two frizzled silkies,two gray-blue silkies,One Golden Sebright,Two Crele Old English game bantams,One Black Breasted Red Old English game bantam,and One Silver duckwing Old english game bantam. My two crele OEGBs are broody and I hope to get some lavender,buff,partrige,splash,and black silkies
Same lol.
So are you hoping to get the black splash partiges from your broody hens? Or just those on your wish list?

I’m in NC, we have 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters. Raccoons hawks coyotes opossum fox owls.. ya know the usual killers. I mainly want them for yard pest control and eggs. So I need an all around all weather fast running clever hiding chicken that loves bugs! Any ideas?
I'd suggest Chantecler, but you wouldn't be able to pronounce that! Or, you can call them Canadian Chickens, lol!

Back
Top Bottom