What’s the deal with you chicken people??

Pics
My chickens have another hour left of sunlight, but they always go to bed at 7 on the dot. Like, why!?

IMG_20240508_190441.jpg

Ignore Pox's naked back. Yes, she is a roo favorite, but I also watch her eat her own damn feathers since no store around me has been able to keep the high-protein food in stock. I need to see if I can snag a bag tomorrow. 😑

My chickens have another hour left of sunlight, but they always go to bed at 7 on the dot. Like, why!?

View attachment 3825883

Ignore Pox's naked back. Yes, she is a roo favorite, but I also watch her eat her own damn feathers since no store around me has been able to keep the high-protein food in stock. I need to see if I can snag a bag tomorrow. 😑
A chicken will eat their feathers if they need protein?

Have you tried vegetarianism? I haven’t but some ppl swear by it. Melted cheese turns my stomach and I CAN NOT eat the ends of anything. Like hot dogs or fries anything I have to hold. Idk why.
I have played with the idea. I know I have no problem with ground hamburg or anything that does not look like it came from something with a face. But chicken/turkey is starting to make me squeamish, and certain meats on certain days just make me 🤮. I have only been keeping up with eating meat for the iron that is in it. I have a stupidly high hemoglobin level that helps heal injuries very quickly...though if it goes any higher, the Red Cross will not let me donate blood again. 😬

A chicken will eat their feathers if they need protein?
Oh yeah. Since I have been unable to get the chick starter/grower or all flock, the birds keep eating feathers. Usually they eat the ones that my big roo rips out of my small roo when they fight, but this one girl keeps pulling out her own once they start growing in. It is driving me batty and I am about to pay the $60+ per bag and order it directly from the manufacturer. 😵‍💫

Oh yeah. Since I have been unable to get the chick starter/grower or all flock, the birds keep eating feathers. Usually they eat the ones that my big roo rips out of my small roo when they fight, but this one girl keeps pulling out her own once they start growing in. It is driving me batty and I am about to pay the $60+ per bag and order it directly from the manufacturer. 😵‍💫
Ah man that stinks! I think I pay $15 bucks-ish for 25lbs of starter. I didn’t know chickens did that, thanks for the info!

I have played with the idea. I know I have no problem with ground hamburg or anything that does not look like it came from something with a face. But chicken/turkey is starting to make me squeamish, and certain meats on certain days just make me 🤮. I have only been keeping up with eating meat for the iron that is in it. I have a stupidly high hemoglobin level that helps heal injuries very quickly...though if it goes any higher, the Red Cross will not let me donate blood again. 😬
And I’m the opposite I have low hemoglobin which the fresh eggs (if my girls EVER start laying) helps with that. It’s weird store bought eggs kills my stomach I thought I developed an egg allergy. But nope, fresh eggs are no problem!

@RoyalChick come on now share a weirdness
Hmmm. I think I am too boring!
I definitely don’t have any food weirdness. I will eat pretty much anything.
Well, I really don’t like cinnamon which in this country seems unusual - but that is just a dislike, not a weirdness.
Hmmm.
I can’t stand the after taste of coffee so I never drink it. That might seem weird to some I guess.

Back
Top Bottom