What’s the diffrence between these three breeds?

What’s the difference between the three breeds?

• Nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don’t know

• They are all the same breed

• I hate this Forum

• Total voters
I agree, the first two breeds listed are the same. Americana = Easter Egger. The third listed, salmon Faverolles, is a totally different and separate breed.
Many hatcheries sell Easter Eggers and label them as Americana. Some hatcheries sell Easter Eggers under both names.
I find it quite dishonest and a little insulting actually.
Anything to make more money I suppose. :hmm

I find it a bit insulting too.
Mostly that the AmerIcana (with an I) gets people looking to buy AmerAcana (with an A) while the ones with an I are certainly not the same as the actual ones with an A.
Then toss in there the name similarities to Aracauna (pretty sure I spelled that wrong :hmm).

Basically there are a lot of birds being sold with different variations of the name catching folks off guard, causing confusion and getting people to buy what amounts to Easter Eggers when they were looking for something else.

How are 2 and 3 the same they are for the same store why would it list 2 of the same breed at the same store?

One and two are the same.... Unfortunately, Hatcheries get away with selling 'AmerIcana' as a breed, but they follow NONE of the breed standards for the AmerAUcana breed. Please note the spellings. The ones pictured don't even follow the standard for color. They get away with this, somehow, all the time.

There are few Hatcheries that sell real Ameraucana... My Pet Chicken is one, I believe Meyers does as well. They follow the standard as well as any hatchery quality chicken does; which is to say they're close, but no cigar.

ETA... For Gee Wiz... http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/

I also want to point out that while Easter Eggers are crosses, they can have ameraucana heritage, or cream crested legbar heritage for the blue egg gene... True Ameraucana aren't crosses. They are a breed that when bred to another of its breed will have offspring that follow the same characteristics.
If you breed two EE that look similar, you aren't likely to reliably get offspring that look just like the parents. Same with any chicken sold as an AmerIcana.

One and two are the same.... Unfortunately, Hatcheries get away with selling 'AmerIcana' as a breed, but they follow NONE of the breed standards for the AmerAUcana breed. Please note the spellings. The ones pictured don't even follow the standard for color. They get away with this, somehow, all the time.

There are few Hatcheries that sell real Ameraucana... My Pet Chicken is one, I believe Meyers does as well. They follow the standard as well as any hatchery quality chicken does; which is to say they're close, but no cigar.

ETA... For Gee Wiz... http://ameraucanabreedersclub.org/

this is what I would've said!

Mostly that the AmerIcana (with an I) gets people looking to buy AmerAcana (with an A) while the ones with an I are certainly not the same as the actual ones with an A.
Then toss in there the name similarities to Aracauna (pretty sure I spelled that wrong :hmm).

Basically there are a lot of birds being sold with different variations of the name catching folks off guard, causing confusion and getting people to buy what amounts to Easter Eggers when they were looking for something else.
I know right btw how come the Easter egger pictures look diffrent is one a off spring on a amercauna and one of the off spring of a arucaunas

what are some hatcheries that sell pure breeds?

I know right btw how come the Easter egger pictures look diffrent is one a off spring on a amercauna and one of the off spring of a arucaunas

Easter Eggers are mixed breed birds so will vary greatly. Basically no way to know what went into the breeding but they are definitely not pure breeds.

what are some hatcheries that sell pure breeds?

All hatcheries carry pure breed birds. The increasing demands for birds that lay colored eggs but don't cost a fortune is why many sell mixed breed birds.
Then add that many people want colored eggs from birds that don't look alike.
Even more twist is that Easter Eggers tend to have "issues" so Hoover for example has brought even more into the mix creating what they call starlight green layers and prairie bluebells.
I have a couple of both of those. So far I like them well enough.

Back
Top Bottom